Each time I used to bake different type of cookie..I love baking cookies.....But after I started my blog, I am spending most of my free time in blogging and now a days my cookie tins are empty..... They were calling me for a refill since a long time.....Its time now!....
Marta of An Italian in the US is conducting a food blog event 'Fresh produce of the month' and this month's fruit is LEMON..... so I have decided to fill in my cookie tin with lemon cookies...
This Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze is a simple sugar cookie with lemon rind in it and then to make them more lemony they get a coating of lemon glaze. And then I make a simple decoration with some colored sugar....... For more of my decorated cookie click HERE....
All purpose flour - 3 cups
Butter - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 teaspoon
Egg - 1
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Lemon Zest - 2 tablespoon
Powder sugar - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Light corn syrup - 1 tablespoon
Lemon yellow color - Few drops
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a electric mixer.
2. Beat in egg, vanilla and lemon zest.
3. Sift baking powder with flour.
4. Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. The dough will be very stiff, Blend in the last cup of the flour by hand.
6. Now roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut it into desired shape using a cookie cutter.
7. Place it on a cookie sheet and bake it for 20 mins to until light golden brown colour.
8. Cool the cookie completely and then glaze the cookie.
9. For the glaze: Stir all the ingredients together until smooth and then slather it on the top of cookie.